Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lucky 13?

Today is my 13th day of sobriety.  I made it through my first party last night - lots of good friends - and lots of good wine.  I really wasn't tempted - much.  I was surprised how easy it was - and also how interesting it was to watch others drink (and drink too much).

Every day I feel a little better, with strong doses of grumpiness here and there.  Today I noticed that the puffy bags under my eyes are gone! They've been an ever present feature for a few years now, despite the amount of sleep  I get, or what I eat.  It's all about the booze.

What is working for me right now is to read sobriety blogs, write and talk to my husband.  I have gone to 2 AA meetings so far, and will continue to go - but it is only one part of my process.

I am thankful to all of the resources out there - I couldn't imagine doing this without them!  Here's to Day 13!


No comments:

Post a Comment